Saturday, June 8, 2013

See the turtle of enormous girth!

Funny, I was just telling a friend last week that since I'd just had a dream about turtles that I would be seeing them everywhere (that's usually how it works for me). On my way to the farmer's market in Nelson County this morning I had to stop twice, about a mile apart, and carry two of these little guys (both Eastern Box Turtles) across the busy road. With all the recent rain that we've had I have a feeling that they are seeking higher ground so please keep an eye out for them and drive safely.

Lastly, I can't mention turtles and not include a quote from King's Dark Tower series:


"See the TURTLE of enormous girth!
On his shell he holds the earth.
His thought is slow but always kind;
He holds us all within his mind.
On his back all vows are made;
He sees the truth but mayn't aid.
He loves the land and loves the sea,
And even loves a child like me."
(As told by Roland)


"I'm walkin' here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment